Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Need to Read in 2014: Science Fiction


It might come as a surprise to my readers that I haven't actually read that much Sci-Fi in my lifetime,
I adore Fantasy, but have only picked up a bit of SF here and there (and even those times it was pretty much only Star Trek novels).

I've decided that I want to get into the genre more, but I have a lot of catching up to do, so here's 5 Sci-Fi books that I need to read this year!








5. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Although I detest the author, I have heard incredible things about this book and it's sequels, so I'm hoping that I can separate the art from the artist and enjoy it as much as everyone else has.






4. Leviathan Wakes by James A. Corey
I have heard nothing but good things about this series, especially from Elizabeth over at books and pieces (she's great and has awesome recommendations in the SFF genre). I need to get my hands on this now!







3. Hyperion by Dan Simmons
My boyfriend is currently reading the second in this series and is saying this series is becoming one of his favorites, I'm not so sure if it's the kind of book I'll love, but I want to give it a try.







2. Dune by Frank Herbert
This is technically a reread for me, I read it about 5 years ago and did not like it one bit, but I think my reading tastes have changed and I'll really enjoy it this time! *fingers crossed*







1. Foundation by Isaac Asimov
This is probably one of the highest regarded SF series in existence, and I was recently able to get my hands on 5 of the books for super cheap! So I will be digging into this series very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment