Thursday, January 2, 2014

Book Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer


Cinder really exceeded all of my expectations I had going into it. Cinder was an awesome heroine, she was flawed in all of the best ways and so very human. I loved her relationship with her step-sister Peony, as well as Iko, her android, I felt that making the character of Cinderella less isolated really empowered her more. I was so worried that the whole futuristic-cyborg element would take so much away from the original fairytale, but I think it truly enhanced it and made it its own story in so many ways, while still keeping that same fairytale tone and feel that I love so much. And I loved that everything Cinder did, she did herself. The plot was intriguing and I found the novel to be such a page-turner. However, I must say that the book was very predictable, and I knew within the first few chapters what the big reveal would be at the end of the novel. I still have to say though that this is now one of my favorite retellings and I can't wait to read Scarlet (as well as Cress, in February).

No comments:

Post a Comment