Thursday, April 24, 2014

Need to Read in 2014: Fantasy

Despite the fact that I never like to set aside books that I have to read, each year I have a few books that I definitely want to get to. So I decided to start a series of it (that may be turned into a video series as well). I've decided to show books based on their genre, and we're starting with my all time favorite; Fantasy!!

You can click on the cover of the book to be directed to the Goodreads page to see what it's all about 



 1) The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
I have heard nothing but good things about The Kingkiller Chronicle, and I would really like to read the first two books before the third comes out.










2) Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
I'm always looking for Fantasy standalones, and this one sounds perfect. Plus, it's Brandon Sanderson, and I want to read everything this man has ever written.










3) The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb
DRAGONS! Need I say more?












4) The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
I want to read this for pretty much the same reasons as Elantris except for the fact that this is not a standalone. But oh boy am I ready to jump on this 10 book series at the beginning!











5)  The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin
I'm going to be honest, I don't know much about this trilogy. But the premise for the fist book sounds so intriguing, and I love a Fantasy book with an awesome female protagonist. (Plus, the covers are gorgeous!!) 










6)  Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed
This really seems like a breath of fresh air to me, since so much Fantasy has a sort of European feel to it, and this debut novel apparently has a "Middle-Eastern" sort of setting, so GIMME!












7) Blood Song by Anthony Ryan
This sounds like an amazing start to an epic Fantasy series (apparently the the writing and story are reminiscent on Rothfuss and Sanderson's works)











8) Elvenblood by Andre Norton and Mercedes Lackey
The first sequel on this list, and for good reason. It's been years since I've read The Elvenbane, but I loved it so so much, the world was just so lovely to be in, so I need to pick up the sequel.











9) Mythago Wood by Robert Holdstock
 This sounds so wonderful I want to cry













10) Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
The only YA on this list, but holy moly I am so ready for this book. This is the third book in the Throne of Glass series and to be honest, this is one of the very few good YA fantasy series. The cover was released today and oh my is it beautiful. This is also the only book on this list that has not been released yet, so I'll have to wait till September.  






No comments:

Post a Comment